Health Care Plan
Flexible Medical Spending Account
Paid Personal Days
403b and 529 Savings Plans
Traditional School Year Schedule (for faculty positions)
We are always interested in receiving resumes from Montessori certified teachers (MACTE) for the infant, toddler, preprimary, lower elementary, upper elementary, and middle school classrooms. We refer first to these resumes when a teaching position becomes available in a classroom.
Go Like the Wind Montessori School offers rewarding career opportunities for qualified individuals committed to working together as a team to make a difference in a child’s life. If you are interested in joining the Go Like the Wind Montessori staff, please send us your resume along with a cover letter.
The following employment opportunities are available:
Go Like the Wind Montessori School seeks a certified Montessori Infant/Toddler Lead Teacher.
• Excellent communication skills with staff and parents
• Work well within a team atmosphere
• Key requirements: flexibility, calm mannerisms and patience
• Classroom management skills
• Health/Safety trainings
• Care and guidance of infants’ and toddlers’ basic needs
• Classroom environment and materials
• Communication with parents: in person, newsletter, written reporting
• Supervise and guide assistant caregivers
• Infant/toddler curriculum
• Communicate additional classroom needs (supplies, personnel)
Please email your letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our school is growing and we are currently accepting applications for full-time and part-time Assistant Teachers in the Infant, Toddlers and Educare (before/after care). We seek candidates who are passionate about the growth and development of the precious children in our care.
The assistant teacher is responsible to the lead teacher and will assist in establishing and maintaining a harmonious classroom. Assistant teachers work with the lead teacher to prepare and maintain an orderly, attractive, and joyful environment. They provide another pair of observant, attentive eyes and ears. Assistant teachers are also crucial in modeling courteous and respectful behavior as well as contributing to the warm, supportive, and calm atmosphere that is the hallmark of an authentic Montessori environment.
We are most interested in talking to applicants that have:
· A High School diploma or equivalent
· Must be at least 18 years of age
· 1 year experience working with infants in a licensed childcare facility
· Montessori experience or willingness to learn the philosophy and approach
· References and a proven track record of caring and nurturing children to provide them with a great start
· Flexibility as to the hours and schedule of work
· Coursework in early child education or child development a plus
Hours for the open positions:
Infants: 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
Toddlers: 8:30 am – 5:30 pm and 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
Educare: 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
Go Like the Wind Montessori School is an inter-denominational Christian organization dedicated to providing the highest quality Montessori education through a staff of excellent and professional educators.
As a school and daycare provider licensed by the State of Michigan, all prospective employees are required to have a criminal background check (state and FBI), including digital fingerprinting. Only those who pass will be offered employment at our school and be reimbursed for the cost of the background check.
Go Like the Wind
3540 Dixboro Lane
Ann Arbor, MI 48105
Fax (734) 747-6560