Resources, Readings and Research
“A number of the innovative entrepreneurs also went to Montessori schools, where they learned to follow their curiosity. To paraphrase the famous Apple ad campaign, innovators not only learned early on to think different, they act different (and even talk different).” - How Do Innovators Think?, Harvard Business Review
An Interview with Jeremy Allaire – CEO, Founder of Brightcove
Q. What were your most important leadership lessons?
A. One of the most important influences early on was being educated in a Montessorisetting. The Montessori ethos was very formative for me because it built into me a belief in self-direction, in independent thought, in peer collaboration, in responsibility.
Read more: How to Shape the DNA of a Young Company, New York Times
Listed below are links and titles to books, articles and Web sites pertaining to Dr. Maria Montessori and her method of education.
- The Discovery of the Child- Maria Montessori
- Montessori, Now 100, Goes Mainstream - The Washington Post
- The Clio Montessori Series - Maria Montessori
- From Childhood To Adolescence - Maria Montessori
- Education For Human Development: Understanding Montessori
- Education and Peace
- The Child in the Family
- The Child, Society and the World
- To Educate Human Potential
- Education for a New World
- What You Should Know About Your Child
- The Formation of Man